LGBTQ Northwest Indiana
FILLING THE LGBTQ+ SUPPORT VOID BETWEEN CHICAGO AND NORTH-CENTRAL INDIANA
- LGBTQ Northwest Indiana's Primary Mission is to provide support, education and resources to the LGBTQ+ community
- Support groups, workshops, special topics and an online resource directory will serve to fulfill our primary mission.
- Promote LGBTQ+ community visibility, acceptance and equality
- The LGBTQ+ community is a valid and tangible contributor to the Northwest Indiana area. With visibility comes acceptance, with acceptance comes equality.
- Foster the awareness of, and provide education about the LGBTQ+ community in Northwest Indiana
- The community is not just the LGBTQ+ community; it is everyone living and working in the Northwest Indiana area. Removing the stigmas and phobias, and changing the negative assumptions and beliefs is goal of this mission.
- Advocate for human rights and equality
- The LGBTQ+ community is diverse, just as the community at-large in Northwest Indiana is also diverse. The rights of all in the community must be protected and normalized. We are all equals.
- Support and Educate
- LGBTQ Northwest Indiana strives to be the go-to organization for LGBTQ+ community members in the Northwest Indiana area, to be a Safe Place, a welcoming place, a sharing place.
- Be Visible
- LGBTQ Northwest Indiana will endeavor to participate in Northwest Indiana community events as well as promote LGBTQ+ community events.
- Promote Understanding
- LGBTQ Northwest Indiana will seek to better integrate the LGBTQ+ community into Northwest Indiana as a viable and vibrant part of the community at-large, to remove bias, judgement and misunderstanding.
- Advocate for All
- LGBTQ Northwest Indiana would like to see the end of all discrimation, harassment, fear and bigotry. We will do our part to move our society forward.
- Start Small
- Support for the Northwest Indiana LGBTQ+ community is step #1. As the LGBTQ Northwest Indiana organization was founded by, and operated by transgender persons and allies, the first offering will be regularly scheduled Transgender Support Group meetings.
- Tap into the Energy, Enthusiasm and Knowledge
- A small group of people can make a difference. A community can change the world. TOGETHER we can make it happen!
- Find Like-Minded Organizations
- Like all organizations, LGBTQ Northwest Indiana will need help. Working together, we can support each other.
- While beginning to provide support to the LGBTQ+ community in Northwest Indiana, the LGBTQ Northwest Indiana organization will be preparing for, and pursuing 501(c)(3) non-profit status with the federal government. This will provide us with opportunities currently not available, in order to generate the needed funding to continue operation, and GROW!
- Sign up!
- Let us know you're out there! Let us know that Northwest Indiana has an LGBTQ+ community in need of an organization like LGBTQ Northwest Indiana. Let us know that you're interested, supportive, excited. Let us tell you what we're planning. Your energy feeds ours!
- Participate, Be Engaged and Get Involved
- You can help ensure the success of LGBTQ Northwest Indiana, and help shape the future of the organization and the future of the community!
- Volunteer, Contribute, Build LGBTQ Northwest Indiana
- Can you facilitate a group meeting? Can you assist others? Do you have good ideas? LGBTQ Northwest Indiana wants to know!
- Help Fulfill Our Quest
- LGBTQ Northwest Indiana would like to grow to have:
• A library of both reading material and a video library.
• A resource directory, where the LGBTQ+ community can find links to any sort of LGBTQ+ related and/or friendly services and providers and merchants, locally, nationally, and online.
• Social events, where the LGBTQ community can come together, have fun, meet and get to know each other, and share experiences.
• A permanent space.
Can you and will you help us?